May 26, 2011

Easy Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

I have fond memories of homemade ice cream while growing up.  It was a special treat.  and So delicious.  The ice cream maker would run outside, and it was so exciting to hear the machine slow down, because that meant it was ready! 

A couple of years ago, my husband wanted to start making ice cream.  So, we got an ice cream maker!  We tried Several vanilla recipes.  That’s the basic, so we needed to get it right.  Some had so much cream, you’re mouth would be coated within a couple of bites.  Some were too sweet.  Some have lots of ingredients that I don’t usually have on hand.  Some you have to cook, then cool, but I would never think to make it early enough. You get the picture.  Then I found a recipe that contains only 4 ingredients:DSC_0017Yup. that’s right.  Boo-yah! 

and that vanilla on the right, is from Mexico.  Let me tell ya, Mexican vanilla is delicious.  When I smell it, I kind of want to drink the whole bottle….

So, 4 ingredients, no cooking, no eggs, perfect cream ratio, sounds good to me! 

Vanilla Ice Cream for a 2 quart ice cream maker

2 C heavy whipping cream

2 C milk

1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk (I’ve tried Great Value… it’s not the same)

2 Tablespoons vanilla extract

  • combine all ingredients whisk to combine (whisking seems easier to me)
  • put into an ice cream maker to chillDSC_0019this is the one we use.  perfect little 2 quart-er.  and it doesn’t involve ice and rock salt, which makes it even better.

DSC_0021and when it looks like this is when you should be very excited!  Since the ice cream is so soft, and melts quickly, you can put bowls into the freezer while making the ice cream.  The cold bowls will help keep it frozen longer. DSC_0023I forgot to freeze my bowl, you can see it starting to melt around the edges.  But you know what? It’s still delicious.  Eat it plan like this, or with fresh fruit, or with oreos, or pie, or cobbler….  the options are endless! Enjoy!

4 comments:

JanelWarner said...

I am going to try this next week. Yummy!

Anonymous said...

We use this recipe all the time making ice cream for the basketball concession stand. Our consession stand is locally famous for the homemade ice cream. This recipe takes "add-ins" (fruit, candies, cpokie bits, etc.) well, and when making 2 to 4 freezers a week, ease of preparation is paramount! Multiple thumbs up!

SHOHIL said...

thanks for sharing such a nice blog.

silicone wedding rings wholesale france said...

and when it looks like this is when you should be very excited! Since the ice cream is so soft, and melts quickly, you can put bowls into the freezer while making the ice cream. The cold bowls will help keep it frozen longer. mens chains wholesale uk , gold necklace canada ,