June 13, 2011

Lemon Cupcakes

I love lemon treats.  Lemon cakes, lemon bars, that kind of thing.  I’ve actually never been a huge fan of lemon candies, like starbursts and such, but lemon cake?? Oh yeah. 

So, I made some lemon cupcakes for a bake sale this past weekend!  I wanted something good, so people didn’t feel cheated on their purchase, but also easy.  Easy, because when you bake in big batches, or 3 separate things in one night, that just makes things, well, easier….  They turned out really yummy, so I thought I would pass along the recipe. 

bakesaleLemon Cupcakes w/ Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting

1 box of Lemon cake mix -I told you it was easy!  Bake as directed on box to make cupcakes. (I usually use Betty Crocker, but I used Duncan Hines this time, and they were good)

Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting (totally an experiment that I thought turned out nicely!)

1/2 C (1 cube) Butter room temp

8 oz Cream Cheese softened

3 C Powdered Sugar

1/2 tsp Lemon Extract

  • Cream the butter and cream cheese together
  • add the powdered sugar ~ 1 C at a time, mixing between each addition
  • add the lemon extract and mix to combine
  • if you need to add a bit of milk to make it perfect piping consistency, go for it!

I frosted mine with the Wilton star tip 1M, then sprinkled some yellow sugar on top, to make them look more yellow lemony, and because sometimes I like the added crunch sugar brings.

I am sorry about the lack of pictures.  I’m sad that I was so excited about selling my cupcakes that I completely forgot to take some legit pictures of them.  But, I will make them again, and when I do, I’ll update this post.  If you make some, post your picture on my Facebook page, I’d love to see them!!

1 comment:

Gary Greenwood said...

Awesome blogg you have here